Welcome to the RAG-Stiftung!
The RAG-Stiftung, which was founded in 2007, is a foundation which is ensuring that the RAG Corporation can discontinue subsidized coal mining in a socially acceptable manner by the end of 2018. Beginning in 2019, the RAG-Stiftung will finance RAG’s perpetual mine management obligations related to coal mining. The foundation will finance these obligations through the sale of shares in Evonik Industries AG, through the income from its holdings, and through the income from its diversified financial assets. The RAG-Stiftung also aims to promote the Ruhr and Saar regions by supporting educational, scientific, and cultural measures related to coal mining. more
Essen, May 23, 2016. The RAG-Stiftung is working at full steam to prepare for the post coal-mining era. “We have everything in place that will be needed to address the challenges of the future,” said Dr. Werner Müller, Chairman of the Board of Executives of the RAG-Stiftung, during the foundation’s annual press conference today.
Essen/London, 5 October 2015. The RAG-Stiftung has invested in the British engineering consultancy Pell Frischmann through its investment firm, RAG-Stiftung Investment Company. The closing of the contract took place on 30 September 2015. The investment company bought 85 per cent of the shares of Pell Frischmann, which were previously owned by Dr. Wilem Frischmann and Sudhu S. Prabhu. The parties to the transaction have agreed not to disclose any information about the purchase price. The remaining 15 per cent of the shares are held by the brothers Ashu and Tushar Prabhu.
Essen, 2 June, 2015. At today’s annual press conference, the Board of Executives of the RAG-Stiftung drew a halfway balance with respect to the most important high points of their term of office, presented the key milestones of the financial year 2014 and explained the objectives for the current year.
Essen/Heidelberg, February 25, 2015. RAG-Stiftung announced the execution of an agreement under which RAG-Stiftung Investment Company acquired 100 precent of Heidelberg Instruments Mikrotechnik GmbH, a leader in design, development, and manufacturing of laser and maskless lithography systems. The agreement was concluded last January, for an undisclosed amount.